Council Crown Land Managers - Resources
This page contains important resources for Council Crown land managers including:
- Webinar and presentation materials
- Guidelines, guidance and practice notes.
- Council Circular 18-07 Council Crown Land Managers – General Manager and senior staff webinar
- Council Circular 17-42 Changes to Crown reserve management under the Crown Land Management Act 2016
Frequently Asked Questions
- Native title FAQs – April 2018
- Council Crown Land Managers Webinar FAQs
- Council Crown land management FAQs – February 2018
- Further FAQs will be added here in the near future.
Webinar and presentation materials
Council Crown Land Management GM and Senior staff webinar: Wednesday 21 March 2018
The Office of Local Government and Department of Industry – Crown Land and Water hosted a webinar for General Managers and senior staff with public land management responsibilities to provide information about:
- key issues for councils to consider in preparing for the commencement of the Crown Land Management Act later in 2018; and
- new tools for council staff to access timely and regular information and resources from OLG in the coming months.
Council Crown Land Management reforms – Streamlined presentation for councillors March 2018
This presentation is a streamlined version of the GM and Senior Staff webinar of 21 March 2018. It provides:
- an overview of the legislative changes and key impacts for councils
- the key matters councils will need to consider and make provision for in their management practices prior to the commencement of the new legislation later in 2018.
Councils are encouraged to use this as the basis of presentations to councillors.
Guidelines, guidance and practice notes
There are currently no resources of this type available in this area. However, guidance material will be released in the coming months.
- Crown Land Management Regulation - APRIL 2018
- A variety of other important resources for councils is available on the DOI Crown Land legislation webpage