The Companion Animals Regulation 2008 (the Regulation) is now being reviewed. The Companion Animals Act 2008 and Companion Animals Regulation 2008 falls under the responsibility of the Office of Local Government (OLG). The OLG is seeking feedback from stakeholders including the community on what could be changed to better achieve the Regulation objectives: to provide for the identification and registration of companion animals and for the duties and responsibilities of their owners and councils.
How to complete the form
- You should read the Privacy Notice first, which explains about the personal information being collected as part of this consultation process
- If you want to continue, you then need to provide some information about yourself and whether you are responding on behalf of an organisation
- You do not need to answer every question
- There are 37 questions in 6 sections. You can skip to the section you are interested in.
- Comments should be limited to 250 words.
Submissions have now closed.
Feedback from the discussion paper will inform preparation of a Regulatory Impact Statement to be released for further consultation in the coming months.
To download the discussion paper, click on the link below:
Privacy Notice – Companion Animals Regulation 2008 Review consultation
When you give us your feedback, the Office of Local Government (OLG) will be collecting some personal information about you, in particular:
- your name
- your email address
- the name of your organisation (if provided)
- any personal information you decide to put in the additional comments fields
All feedback received through this online consultation process may be made publicly available. Please do not include any personal information in your feedback that you do not want published.